Easy Baked Donuts (Vegan, Plant-based)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 10 Donuts 1x
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup natural cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons plant-based milk (almond or soy)
- 1 tablespoon apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon melted vegan margarine (or coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease the donut pans.
- In a medium-size bowl, add all dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl or jar, add plant-based milk, apple sauce, and vanilla bean paste or extract. Stir to combine.
- Melt the vegan margarine (or coconut oil), set it aside.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and add the melted vegan margarine (or coconut oil). Stir to combine. It should form a nice batter.
- Add batter to a piping bag or use a plastic ziplock bag. Cut the corner and pipe the batter into the donut pan.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes and then remove from the pan.
- For an easy decoration option, roll donuts in sugar and cinnamon, or for a fancier option, dip in a glaze and decorate with sprinkles or edible rose petals.
- Powdered sugar (1 cup)
- Water (or lemon juice for a brighter flavor) (2-3 teaspoons)
- Mix. It should be thick enough that it will stay on the donut. (Ask me how I know that one:))