- Bring a large pot of water to boil and sprinkle generously with salt.
- Add lasagna noodles. Cook according to box instructions (usually about 10 minutes)
- Remove from boiling water, rinse in cold water to stop the cooking.
- Drain. Set aside to cool.
Vegan Ricotta Filling:
- In a food processor, add cashews, tofu, lemon juice, olive oil, and blend. Add salt, Bragg Liquid Aminos, nutritional yeast, and blend until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, sauté the onion in oil until translucent, add the crushed garlic, ground basil, and fresh spinach. Sauté until the spinach has wilted. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, gently combine the cashew/tofu mixture with the onion/spinach mixture. The filling is now ready.
Assembling the Dish:
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In an 9X9 inch pan, add a layer of tomato sauce.
- Next, prepare the lasagna rolls:
- Lay a lasagna noodle flat on a cutting board.
- Add about 2-3 tablespoons of filling to each lasagna noodle, spreading it across the length of the noodle.
- Next, roll the lasagna noodle.
- Place in the pan.
- Continue this process with all the lasagna noodles.
- Cover each roll with a layer of tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with some vegan parmesan and some dried basil.
- Bake at 375F for about 30 minutes.
Quick and Easy Parmesan Topping:
- 1 cup raw cashews (or blanched almonds)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
In a food processor, blend the cashews, yeast flakes, salt, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder into a crumb consistency. It is now ready to use.