- Using a hand mixer, in a medium-size bowl, cream the vegan margarine and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the vegan cream cheese and mix again until well combined.
- Next, add the apple sauce, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the vegan margarine mixture, a little at a time, mixing as you go.
- Form into a dough.
- On a silicone mat or parchment paper, roll out the dough, about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place the rolled out dough on a baking tray. Cover with parchment paper. Let chill in the fridge for about one hour.
- Cut around a 7-inch diameter (cake pan) to make the outer edge, remove excess dough. Next, place a 3-inch cookie cutter in the middle to cut out the middle section. Remove the inner dough circle.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the cookie wreath begins to brown on the edges.
- Let cool completely.
- 1 container (7.05 oz) Vegan Cream Cheese (Violife)
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
Add the cream cheese and lemon extract to a medium-size bowl, and whip with a hand mixer until smooth.
Next, add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until the frosting is the desired consistency.
Chill in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
Assembling the Cookie Wreath:
- Make sure the cookie wreath is completely cool.
- Carefully add a layer of frosting to the top of the cookie.
- Be creative. (It may look more whimsical if the icing does not go all the way to the edges.)
- Next, decorate with strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries.
- Finally, add some green mint leaves to make the cookie wreath pop.
- Optional: Use left over dough to bake some mini stars to add to the decor.