- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and cardamom. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add all the liquid ingredients: almond milk, olive oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and sparkling water.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture and pour in the liquid ingredients. Stir to combine.
- If the batter seems too thick, add an additional tablespoon of sparkling water until the batter becomes a soupy consistency. It may take an additional 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Heat a skillet, and when it is hot, add about 1/4 cup of batter. Lift the skillet and twirl around to make the batter spread out into a large circle. Return to the heat source—Cook for a few seconds on each side. Ensure the bubbles on the top are popped before you attempt to turn it (otherwise, it will most likely stick to the pan).
- Serve with berries, favorite fruit, vegan whipped cream, or your choice:)
NOTE: These crepes do not usually stick to the skillet, but if they do, spray a little oil on the pan between each crepe.
Lemon Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 pack (7 oz.) Violife Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar
With a hand mixer whip the Cream Cheese and lemon juice until smooth; next, add the powdered sugar a tablespoon at a time. Adjust to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 10 oz. frozen organic blackberries
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tapioca (mix with 1 tablespoon water)
In a small saucepan add the frozen blackberries and maple syrup. Bring to a simmer while stirring. Let simmer for a few minutes.
Mix the tapioca with about 1 tablespoon of water to make a slurry. Add to the saucepan. Stir. It will thicken quickly. Let it simmer on low for about a minute, stirring frequently.
Set aside to cool.
- Assemble the crepes right before eating. I have found it helpful to let people fill their crepes according to their taste buds, so I usually provide the three components and then let people assemble the crepes according to their preferences.