Gourmet Baked Apples | plant-based, vegan
- Yield: 4 Baked Apples 1x
- 4 apples (Honeycrisp or Pink Lady)
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance or Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Prepare the apples. With a melon-baller, carve out a space for the filling in the top of the apple, making sure you remove the stem and seeds.
- Next, prepare the filling. In a small bowl, add the old-fashion oats, quick oats, maple syrup, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, cardamom, and stir to combine. Mix in the earth balance or coconut oil.
- Fill the apples with oat filling.
- Place apples in a ceramic pie tin.
- Pour 3/4 cup warm water into the bottom of the pie tin.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer the baked apples to a serving dish.
- Serve with maple syrup, plant-based ice cream, and toasted nuts.