- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare the stuffing according to the recipe: Click Here for a link to my Stuffing Recipe!
- In a food processor, add all the wet ingredients and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture and pour in the wet mixture. Stir to combine. Use your hands if needed to form into a nice dough.
- On a large parchment paper sheet, flatten the dough into a rectangle (1/2 inch thick). Place the stuffing in the middle, make sure you leave about 3-4 inches free of the stuffing on all sides.
- Holding on to the parchment paper, gently fold over the two side pieces, pull back the parchment paper from the sides, and make sure the dough stays in place. A little bit of patience here will go a long way.
- Next, hold on to the parchment paper on both sides of the roast. Gently bring them together until the dough touches. Fold-down the parchment paper until it is tight against the top of the roast, twist the ends, and shape the dough as you go.
- Place the roast with the fold down on a piece of aluminum foil, wrap the roast to ensure it is secure. (I use one piece of aluminum foil for the roast’s body and then wrap the whole roast in another piece of aluminum foil.)
- Place the roast on a baking sheet (fold down) and bake for 90 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
- If made ahead, reheat by covering roast in foil and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
Puff Pastry Crust:
If you want to make the roast extra special, cover it in a puff pastry sheet.
- 1 package vegan puff pastry (Pepperidge Farm Frozen Pastry Sheet)
- 2 Phyllo Dough Pastry Sheets
Make sure the roast is completely cool before adding the pastry Sheets. Wrap the roast in two sheets of Phyllo Dough Pastry Sheets before wrapping it in puff pastry. Phyllo Dough is designed to be a moisture barrier, and this allows the puff pastry to do what it’s meant to do. It took us several tries and much research to finally figure out a solution to the soggy puff pastry shell.