Gorgeous Pear Pecan Green Salad with a Fabulous Dressing | Oil-free option, Plant-based, Vegan
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
- 4–5 cups of mixed salad greens
- 1–2 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1–2 fresh ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 1–2 teaspoons mint, minced
- 1/4 cup frozen grape juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 canned pear (drained) or 1 peeled fresh pear
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- Start by making the dressing.
- Add grape juice concentrate, fresh lemon juice, a canned or fresh pear, and salt to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Slowly, while the blender is running on low, add the olive oil. (Omit this step for an oil-free salad dressing)
- Set aside.
- Next, place the pecans on a baking sheet and toast in the oven at 350F for 4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the greens.
- Prepare the fresh pears by dividing them in half. Cut out the seeds by using a melon ball tool or a spoon. Slice each half thinly and add to the salad.
- Then add the toasted pecans and finally sprinkle with minced mint.
- Serve with the beautiful grape-pear-lemon dressing.