Pomegranate Pistachio Cheese Log | Plant-based, Vegan
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- To roast the garlic, place the garlic cloves in foil, drizzle with a little olive oil, close the foil, and roast in the oven (on a tray) for 20-25 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews and add them to a food processor. Pulse them into a chunky mixture, then add the lemon juice and coconut milk. Blend until a smooth consistency.
- Add the yeast flakes, salt, and roasted garlic. Process until well combined.
- Add the mixture to a piece of Cling Wrap, and shape it into a log. Tie the ends with string or ties. Chill in the fridge overnight.
- Cover cheese with fresh pomegranate seeds and chopped pistachio nuts. Serve with crackers, toast, or rolls!