Step 1: Prepare Filling:
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté onion, garlic, and jalapeño in olive oil.
- Add cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, and tomato paste.
- In a separate bowl, make a slurry with the cold water and cornstarch, and add to the filling and stir.
- Add white beans, cilantro, and salt. Bring to a boil, let simmer for 1 minute.
Step 2: Prepare the Peppers:
- Wash the peppers and cut them either lengthwise or crosswise according to your preference.
- Cut out the core and deseed the peppers.
Step 3: Assemble the Stuffed Peppers
- Grease a baking dish and arrange the peppers in the dish.
- Fill each half pepper with 1/4 of the filling.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes. Garnish and serve.