- Wash and destem the kale. Let the kale dry before adding the dressing.
- In a small jar, add the finely chopped onion, thyme, minced garlic, oil, and lemon juice. Let it sit for a few minutes to soften. This step also takes away the rawness of the onion and garlic, leaving a wonderful flavor.
- Combine the kale with the dressing. Massage the kale for a couple of minutes. This breaks down the kale structure, making it much easier to eat. It also helps distribute the dressing. Salt to taste.
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo (homemade or Veganaise)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon maple
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a small bowl, add all the ingredients and stir to combine.
Vegan Holiday Roast:
How to put it all together:
- Toast the bread in the oven at 375 for 5-10 minutes until crusty.
- Slice the bread on the diagonal (looks a little fancier). Next, slice the bread lengthwise, but do not cut all the way through.
- Spread the bread with the Special-Thanksgiving-Sandwich-Sauce on both side, making sure it is covered to the edges:)
- Next, add 3-4 slices of warmed vegan Holiday Roast. Cover with a handful of kale salad. Top it all off with some sweet cranberry sauce, and as a final touch, add a little more of the Special-Thanksgiving-Sandwich-Sauce.