- Prepare the various components before assembling the salad. Pre-make the vegan meatless crumbles (optional). Season with a little onion and garlic powder, red paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Prepare the Pico de Gallo and Creamy Avocado Cilantro Dressing (Recipe Below). Keep in fridge until ready to assemble.
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Wash the Romaine Lettuce, slice into manageable pieces, dice the red pepper, shred the cabbage, and slice the avocado.
- To assemble the vegan taco salad, start by adding a generous layer of crispy lettuce to the bottom of the bowl. Next, add the following ingredients in piles to make the salad look attractive and appetizing: black beans, meatless crumbles, Pica de Gallo (fresh salsa), shredded red cabbage, sliced avocado, and diced red pepper. Garnish with fresh cilantro, lime slices, or jalapeño slices. Serve with creamy avocado cilantro dressing, corn chips, vegan shredded cheese, or vegan sour cream.
Creamy Oil-Free Avocado Cilantro Dressing:
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 slices of jalapeño (optional)
- salt to taste
Start by adding half an avocado to a blender, along with coconut milk (or your favorite unsweetened plant-based milk), and water. Season with fresh garlic, salt, and fresh cilantro. If you like a bit of a kick, or feel extra daring, add a couple of slices of jalapeño and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Blend until smooth and chill in the fridge until ready to use.