Today I am going to show you one of my easy go-to recipes for when something needs to be on the table in a jiffy. This Super Easy Pearl Couscous is such an easy dish to make, and the best part of all is that it is really fun to eat. These tiny round shapes are surprisingly delicious; it’s almost like they are the “dipping dots” of pasta. You will be amazed at how quick this Super Easy Pearl Couscous dish comes together, but even more amazed at the fresh taste. It may be one of those “where-have-you-been-all-my-life?” recipes.
I did not grow up with couscous, but when I discovered it in culinary school, it quickly became a real favorite. Couscous is a type of pasta made from toasted semolina flour. It makes a fantastic summer dish like the one we are making today, but it is also great in various side dishes.
This Super Easy Pearl Couscous meal can be cooked in no-time. It takes about 8-9 minutes to cook the couscous, and while the couscous is cooking, you can prepare the rest of the veggies and have the meal on the table in 20 minutes or less. Add some fresh herbs, and the dish looks amazing.
So remember this Super Easy Pearl Couscous dish when you need something quick. The couscous stores well on the shelf, and you only need a few veggies and some fresh herbs to turn this into the perfect summer dish.
Summer is Right Around the Corner:
I cannot believe that summer is right around the corner. We are beginning to thaw out even here in New England. I say that remembering that we had snow last week, but nevermind that, we think positive. My vegetable garden is already starting to produce. We have some lettuce beginning to peak out. I cannot wait to have fresh lettuce from the garden.
I hope you enjoy today’s Super Easy Pearl Couscous dish. It is one of my favorites.Print
Super Easy Pearl Couscous
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2–3 1x
- 1 cup dried pearl couscous
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- pinch of red crushed pepper
- 15–20 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced basil
- Salt to taste
- Minced parsley for garnish
- In a medium size pot, bring water and salt to a boil.
- Add oil and couscous. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Let simmer according to direction on the couscous package (usually 8-9 minutes) Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add oil, minced garlic, and crushed red pepper. Sauté for a minute.
- Add grape tomatoes and zucchini. Sauté for two to three minutes.
- Add the couscous. Stir to combine.
- Salt to taste.
- Add fresh basil
- Serve and enjoy!
Add some minced parsley for garnish. It makes the dish look extra fresh.