Today I am making a quick and easy salad dressing. On a hot summer day, there is almost nothing that rivals a fresh green salad. And with this Creamy Italian Dressing, a simple salad becomes a delicious treat.Print
Creamy Italian Dressing
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup silken tofu or soaked cashews
- 4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a blender add water, cashews, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper, and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Once smooth, slowly add the olive oil while the blender is running on low-medium speed.
- Next, pour dressing into a jar.
- Stir in parsley, basil, and Italian seasoning. Store in fridge until ready to serve.
If using cashews, soak nuts in water for a few hours and drain before using.