There are so many wonderful organic greens available in the local grocery store nowadays, and topped with a few edamame soybeans, you practically have a whole meal. Of course, the salad dressing makes or breaks the salad, so today I am going to show you a dressing that really makes this salad come to life.Print
Simple Salad with a Toasted Sesame Ginger Dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1–2 sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Romaine Lettuce
- 2 cups of mixed greens
- 1/2 cup of edamame (cooked & cooled according to package instructions)
- 1/4 red sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, add lemon juice, Braggs, ginger, garlic, and agave nectar.
- Stir to combine. While whisking, slowly add olive oil and sesame oil.
- When emulsified, stir in green onions and sesame seeds.
- If you desire a better emulsified dressing, double the recipe, add everything to the blender, except the oils, sesame seeds and green onion. Slowly add the oils while the blender is running. Stir in green onion and sesame seeds by hand.
- Store in fridge if not using right away.
- When ready to serve, toss with salad and serve.