Vegan Meatball Sliders
4th of July is right around the corner and these vegan meatball sliders take the celebration to another level. They are so festive, delicious, and fun. Add some vegan pesto and marinara sauce to the mix, and you are practically guaranteed a happy, successful holiday meal.
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons dried ground mushroom powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/16 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 cup tofu
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a food processor or blender, blend all the wet ingredients together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Knead the dough for a couple of minutes by hand to make sure everything is incorporated
- Prepare the broth
8 cups water
1/3 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
- When the broth comes to a rolling boil, do a consistency test
- Shape the dough into little meatballs
- Add the meatballs, cover with lid, reduce heat to medium until the meatballs float, stir gently, reduce the heat to low.
- On low, gently boil the meatballs for 60 minutes
- Turn off the heat.
- Let meatballs cool in broth.
- Sear meatballs in a pan with a little olive oil and Braggs Liquid Aminos.
Click here for my other recipes: