Mother’s Day is coming up, and if you are like me, you might be wondering what you will serve. In our home, we usually cook brunch for mom. Sometimes we even get dad involved, and the three of us cook while mom has some extra time off. One of the recipes that we like to serve for brunch is this phenomenal vegan crepe recipe. Vegan crepes are so delicate, light, and delicious they are sure to be an absolute hit.
Pancakes at My House:
As I was growing up, I got used to two types of breakfast “pancakes,” my dad’s favorite, which is the traditionally thick, American pancake, and my mom’s favorite, which is the delicate, dainty Norwegian pancake. I have not decided yet, which of them I like best. Since this is for Mother’s Day, I decided to make my mom extra happy with these wonderful delicious phenomenal vegan crepes.
You can make these with a variety of different flour combinations. We like to use a mixture of whole wheat white pastry flour and all-purpose, which gives these delicate crepes an excellent taste. Add a pinch of cardamom and a touch of vanilla, and they taste simply amazing.
To make these vegan crepes as thin and dainty as we would like, we add sparkling water to the batter. This makes them wonderfully light and airy. They are also a little easier to make, but if you do not have sparkling water, use plant-based milk instead.
My favorite way to eat vegan crepes is with fresh berries and vegan whipped cream. Be creative; top them with your favorite fruit. Should you wish to make these crepes savory, no problem, hold the sweetener, and you are good to go.
Happy Mother’s Day:
I think these sweet crepes are especially appropriate for Mother’s day, the day we have set aside to remember and thank our mothers. I also want to take this opportunity to thank every mother for the sacrifice and service that she provides every day of the year. After all, the love of a mother is one of God’s most precious gifts. Thank you!
Have a most wonderful Mother’s Day!Print
Phenomenal Vegan Crepes
One of the recipes that we like to serve for brunch is this phenomenal vegan crepe recipe. Vegan crepes are so delicate, light, and delicious they are sure to be an absolute hit.
- Yield: 10 Crepes 1x
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of cardamom (optional)
- 2–3 tablespoons maple syrup or all-natural cane sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sparkling water (or plant-based milk)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, (if using maple syrup, add with the liquid) and cardamom. Stir to combine.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture and pour in the rest of the ingredients: milk, olive oil, maple syrup (if using), vanilla, and sparkling water. If the batter seems too thick, add an additional tablespoon of sparkling water until the batter becomes a soupy consistency.
- Heat a skillet, medium to high heat, and when it is hot, add about 1/4 cup of batter. Lift the skillet and twirl around to make the batter spread out. Return to heat source. Cook for a few seconds on each side. Make sure the bubbles on the top are popped before you attempt to turn it (otherwise it will most likely stick to the pan).
- Serve with berries, favorite fruit, vegan whipped cream, or your choice:)
These crepes do not usually stick to the skillet, but if it does, spray a little oil on the pan between each crepe.
Looking for more Mother’s Day Recipes?
- Silver Dollar Pancakes
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Raspberry Crumble Tart
- Breakfast Blueberry Crisp
- Peach Scones
- Raspberry Truffles