Every once in a while I get a craving for Mediterranean food. It is so flavorful and healthy, a perfect choice for a hot summer day. Today we are putting together a Mediterranean bowl complete with hummus, falafels, couscous, salad, and choice of dressing.Print
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 2/3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1–2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 2 mini cucumbers, petite diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons sliced olives
- a few slices of red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced or crushed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
In a medium size sauce pan, sauté the garlic in the olive oil. Add the turmeric, lemon peel, salt, and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil.
Turn off heat.
Let sit for 20 minutes or until tender.
When ready to serve add the minced cilantro.
Toss vegetables with a little olive oil, and add salt to taste
- Click Here for my Hummus recipe
- Click Here for my Falafel recipe
- Click Here for my Cucumber Dill Dressing recipe
- Vegetable Stock recipe
ASSEMBLE THE BOWL
- Fill the bottom of the bowl with arugula or spinach Fill 1/4 of the bowl with hummus
- Fill 1/4 of the bowl with couscous
- Fill 1/4 of the bowl with salad
- Fill 1/4 of the bowl with falafels
Serve with dressing on the side. Add a few olives for garnish.
Prepare the dressing by adding all the ingredients into a small bowl, except oil. Stir.
Add oil while whisking continually until emulsified.