Every once in a while I get a craving for Mediterranean food. It is so flavorful and healthy, a perfect choice for a hot summer day. Today we are putting together a Mediterranean bowl complete with hummus, falafels, couscous, salad, and choice of dressing.
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 2/3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
In a medium size sauce pan, sauté the garlic in the olive oil. Add the turmeric, lemon peel, salt, and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil.
Turn off heat.
Let sit for 20 minutes or until tender.
When ready to serve add the minced cilantro.
- 2 mini cucumbers, petite diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons sliced olives
- a few slices of red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- olive oil
Toss vegetables with a little olive oil, and add salt to taste
Click Here for my Hummus recipe
Click Here for my Falafel recipe
Click Here for my Cucumber Dill Dressing recipe Stock recipe
Assemble the bowl
- Fill the bottom of the bowl with arugula or spinach Fill 1/4 of the bowl with hummus
- Fill 1/4 of the bowl with couscous
- Fill 1/4 of the bowl with salad
- Fill 1/4 of the bowl with falafels
Serve with dressing on the side. Add a few olives for garnish.
- 1 garlic clove, minced or crushed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Prepare the dressing by adding all the ingredients into a small bowl, except oil. Stir.
Add oil while whisking continually until emulsified.