Who does not like a warm breakfast muffin to start the day off on the right foot. These Streusel Muffins are absolutely wonderful and they are packed full of nutrients and fiber. Yes please, I’ll take one… or maybe two…Print
Vegan Breakfast Streusel Muffins
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ground golden flax seeds
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup natural cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ceylon cinnamon, ground
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 shredded apple
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons all natural cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond flour or all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
Start by making the streusel. Add all the ingredients together and stir to combine. Set aside.
In a small container add milk and fresh lemon juice. This will curdle the milk, which will make these muffins fluffier. Next add the flax seed to the water and let it soak for a couple of minutes. Add the vanilla extract.
In a large bowl add all remaining dry ingredients. Stir to mix.
Finally add the dry and the wet mixture together along with the coconut oil and stir until just combined. Devide muffim batter equially into 12 muffin liners. This recipe makes about 12 muffins.
Before baking top muffins with the streusel.
Bake at 400F for 16-18 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool. The muffins should come right out of the liners when cooled.